A Modern Apprentice could be a new or existing employee seeking to increase their knowledge and capability. Apprentices receive training to match your business growth needs.
Apprenticeship in Highways Maintenance
This “Grant Supported” Apprenticeships has been specifically designed for people interested in persuing a career in “Highways Maintenance” which is delivered over a period of 18-months, with the specific objective of providing vocational skills training opportunities to two particular age groups (16-18 & 19-24) giving them the opportunity to enter the workplace and develop their skills while they earn a living.
Modern Apprenticeships can make your company more effective, productive and competitive by addressing your skills gap directly, and investing in your future workforce. An enthusiastic and trained workforce helps to underpin a companies, well-being and economic success. Modern Apprenticeships support this goal by providing individuals with the opportunity to secure, industry recognised qualifications while earning a wage. Employers benefit from a skilled and productive workforce, and from financial assistance for training through Skills Development in the UK.
A Modern Apprentice could be a new or existing employee seeking to increase their knowledge and capability. Apprentices receive training to match your business growth needs. As an employer, you can pass on your experience, supporting your apprentice's development.
The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers with a value of between £1,000 and £2500 (depending on your local regional funding organisation) which is aimed at helping eligible employers by providing wage grants to assist them in recruiting their first apprentice.
The apprentice will gain the following qualifications/certification in the following units:
Level 2 Construction Diploma in Highway Maintenance (Training Qualification)
Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding civil engineering technology
- Establish work area protection and safety on highways
- Excavate holes and trenches on the highway
- Locate and protect utility apparatus and sub-structures
- Reinstate excavation and highways surfaces
Segregate the area of highway works for single carriageway roads
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction (Competence Qualification)
- Locating and Protecting Utilities Apparatus and Sub-structures in the Workplace
- Excavating Holes and Trenches (Manual Digging) in the Workplace
- Reinstating Excavation and Highway Surfaces in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Segregating the Area for Highways Works in the Workplace
- Level 1 Functional Skills English and Maths
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- CSCS Card Highways Maintenance Operative
In addition to the above, each apprentice that completes the programme will also receive additional training at a value in excess of £800 which includes:
- New Roads and Street Works Act (General Operative Card) Optional
- Level 1 NVQ in Health Safety and Environment
- ESUR Water Hygiene (If required)
- SHEA Gas Certificate (If required)