The quality of the people working in your company is vitally important. But finding new employees can be a daunting and time absorbing task, especially with small businesses that don’t have the luxury of their own HR departments.
Apprenticeship recruitment made easy
The interview is still the commonest method of selecting a person for a job, but can be difficult and complex for both employer and prospective apprentice.
This is why CP Assessments Ltd offer a totally free recruitment and selection service with the objective of making the whole process easier for yourself, but still providing you with the overall control of making the final decision of who you employ.
Our selection process includes screening interviews-technical written test questionnaires and personality tests (VARK) at the CP Assessment Academy
Visual-Auditory-Read/Write-Kinasthetic (VARK) is a questionnaire that helps your learning by suggesting the strategies you should be using. People with a strong visual preference for learning like: different formats, space, graphs, charts, diagrams, maps and plans. Its objective is to help people understand each other and assists them to learn more effectively in particular situations.
Standardisation of methods
We at CP Assessments utilise a precise procedure that will be followed when candidates come for interview. This procedure is exactly the same for every potential apprentice, from beginning to end to ensure a realistic comparison between each candidate and that other variables don’t come into play.
- One of our representatives will come along to meet you in order to discuss what sort of person you want to recruit. Define the job role, and write down a detailed job description, and candidate profile. Agree essential features, and desirable features (which you would like to see in a good candidate) Consider all internal applicants first - it is usually better to promote from within, rather than recruiting from the outside.
- Agree a defined timescale upon which you wish to carry out the recruitment process and ensure that all relevant parties will be available at the required times.
- Inform you how we attract candidates by advertising the post on the National Apprenticeship Scheme (NAS) web-site. NB: Applications are usually posted for a period of 2-4 weeks
- CP Assessments will submit draft job description and application to you for approval before being registered on the NAS web-site
- You will be informed by E-mail after two weeks of the number of applicants received for your vacancy
The Pre-Screen Assessment
All candidates that apply on the NAS will be invited via e-mail and letter to our recruitment & assessment day advising them of dress code and directions to the centre.
On the day, the assessment will be conducted precisely as per a fixed agenda, and will apply to every candidate.
- We will start by explaining to the candidate exactly what will happen over the next 3-4 hours or so and provide them with a written agenda
- Candidates are invited to complete a VARK assessment pro-forma
- Candidates will complete a 25 question test paper about their occupational sector
- Candidates will undertake a 20 minutes’ job vacancy interview with two of our assessors, who will independently mark their performance. What we are looking for here is a clear indication of the candidate's strengths and weaknesses as they relate to your job vacancy, the candidate's potential for the future, and importantly, how well the candidate will get on within your company, and fit in with your culture
- After the selection process has been completed, we will request a 1 to 1 meeting with yourself to agree a timescale for you to undertake the final interview and apprentice selection, which we will organise on your behalf. You will receive a written report, informing you of the name(s) of who we believe would be suitable for the apprenticeship programme, why they were chosen and how they performed on the day to assist you with the final interview
- Once you have chosen your preferred apprentice, we will agree an induction date, to be undertaken at the CP Assessments Academy and apprentice start date with your company